Monday, June 11, 2012

Bear Creek Soups

I have just developed a new fondness for Bear Creek Soups!  I purchased these dehydrated soups for three dollars each and each package provides between 4-8 one cup servings. They are dry mixes therefore they have a long shelf life. There is an expiration date, however, if stored properly it can last much longer. Bear Creek provides a great variety of soups and pastas that only require water to prepare. Even their cream based soups only need water. Personally, I have stocked up on the Vegetable Beef and the Minestrone more than the other ones.  I have found that these two provide a great  base for additional ingredients. You can add beef, pork,venison, or any other type of protein you find.  Vegetables may also be added. I liked to add tomatoes to the Minestrone, but whatever vegetable you find in the garden or in a can would work well. Pasta would also make a great addition for an even heartier meal.  These soups instantly provide such a great base to make a one pot meal for a large group.
I have also purchased the Creamy Chicken Pasta Mix with my picky children in mind. Not surprisingly, they both preferred this one over the more complex soups. One pack has only 4 servings, however, there are 330 calories per serving. This pasta could also be a base, however, you may need to be a little more selective on what you add.  Additional chicken and pasta of course would be great. Carrots, celery, peas, and green beans would also be a way to transform this dish into a larger one pot meal for a family.
I will be buying much more of these soups and pastas. I am looking forward to trying the Cheddar Broccoli, "Darn Good" Chili, and the Potato Soups. I will share what I find out about these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment