Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bear Creek Creamy Chicken and Pasta- YUM!

Yesterday for dinner I prepared Bear Creek's Creamy Chicken Pasta Mix. This pasta mix is by far the best dry pasta mix I have ever had!  What is even more impressive about this mix is that all you add is water. There is no need for milk or butter. This is such a great prepper food. It tends to be cheaper than other dry mixes you find at outdoor supply stores but the quality is not compromised. It has a good shelf life, easy to prepare over a fire, and tastes great.
I have had other brands and have added lots of butter, milk, cream cheese or whatever else I could find to help improve the flavor and texture of the mix, but there is no need to do that with Beer Creek.
The mixes are approximately $3 per mix, and each one has four one-cup servings at 330 calories per cup. I prepared the Creamy Chicken and had a salad that that was our dinner. My picky daughters even ate it. I could have easily sneaked in some sweet peas or cooked carrots in the dish to get more vegetables in my daughters diet,, but I resisted my natural tendency to add additional ingredients and try the mix on its own. and I am very glad I did.
I am looking forward to trying more soups, especially the chili, but right now it is summertime in Ohio and 90 degree outside. The chili will just have to wait a bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. MMM sounds like some yummy stuff. Going to have to check it out. And even if you add a shredded chicken breast and some veggies, you still end up with a dinner for less than $5. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete